- Sophie's Choice. Watched it once and I can't do it again. I like to think that no one has every really had to make that type of choice.
- Terms of Endearment. I cry every time she talks to her sons from her hospital bed.
- Kramer vs. Kramer. When he says goodbye.
- Philadelphia. The opera song!
- The Shawshank Redemption. As good as the movie was, the book was better. So many scenes.
- The Champ. Tearjerker scene for the ages.
- Up. Best opening sequence ever.
- Ghost. On the street, losing him.
- My Life. When the dad shaves his dying son ...
- Titanic. Hey, I'm a girl.
- The Pursuit of Happyness. When they are in the public restroom. It makes me teary just thinking about it.
- What's Eating Gilbert Grape? Just WOW Leonardo Dicaprio. Bathtub.
- Always. Watch it if you haven't. The plane scene.
- Love Story. You understand if you have ever been in love. The ending.
- My Girl. Sad, sad scene at an unexpected funeral. It will make you cry.
- Beaches. I said it before, I am a girl!
- Sex and the City. The scene in the street is heartbreaking.
- Toy Story 3. In the furnace. Why do they want to scare little kids? And me?
- Steel Magnolias. I dare you not to cry when Sally Field breaks down.
- Legends of the Fall. You know what scene I'm thinking about.
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
My Top 20 List of Saddest Movie Scenes Ever
A few weeks ago, I was spending some time with my daughter (she's away at college, and I went to visit) and she and I always LOVE to talk about movies. I have always been a movie addict, and she's just like her mom. So we started talking about sad movie scenes, and she mentioned the "glasses" scene in My Girl and I immediately went to Sophie's Choice. Anyway, I started thinking about ranking the saddest movie scenes, according to Kelly. No, I have not watched every movie. And what I perceive as sad depends on my life experiences, so what is sad to me might not be that sad to you. So, based on the way I think and my personal life experiences, and the fact that I am a mother, the following is my list of saddest movie scenes. IN ORDER. Add your own; there are plenty! Thanks Hollywood ... Maybe next week I will do a list of my favorite funny scenes from movies.