I also want to point out that Ashley keeps saying she is looking for a guy who's in it "for the right reasons" with those reasons being that they think she's really, really pretty and want to fall in love with her. She's 12. And, when she comes and talks to you ... you silly bachelors ... you better tell her how pretty she looks. (Goodness, this girl seems really insecure.)
Anyway, back to Matthew ... below is a portion of the e-mail he sent out to the group ...
Ames! When he finally got his chance to shine he delivered. In a big way. As the date began, he revealed he was a world traveler who had been to Thailand “several times” before. Then he unleashed a series of brilliant quotes delivered in the following order (yes, I admit I paused the show in order to transcribe them...you’re welcome):
- “Last minute is the best minute.”
- “Love is always unchartered territory ... and so it is with Ashley.”
- “Navigating these beautiful caves is exactly like navigating a relationship. Around every corner, you really don’t know what to expect, but often there’s something beautiful.”
- “I’ve been to 70 countries, and this may be the most dramatic thing I’ve ever seen.”
- “She looks beautiful in all circumstances. Rain or shine. Day or night. At sea or on land.”
- “Because when you know, you know. You can act quickly. But I don’t know. Some things are beyond our control.”
- “Ashley and I did not kiss tonight. But we did something much more intimate than kiss. We talked about very serious things.”
I loved Matthew's take on this guy, and wanted to share. I can't wait to hear more from Ames, and I'm beginning to not really care that he has no fashion sense, that he has veneers, and that he has a big forehead. The only thing I don't like about him — or any of the other guys — is that they might actually like Ashley. THAT makes me wonder about their judgment.
In the future, I will be sharing more of Matthew's insights on The Bachelorette ... along with my own of course.